SharePoint 2010 PowerShell commands


Windows PowerShell is better command tool and SharePoint leverages it most to send powerful commands to the product. I was really impressed with this tool. The commands are very explanatory. Easy to remember. Easy to work on as well. When I did execute my first command I had to bite a bullet. I got the following error.

Install-SPSolution : This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application and cannot be deployed to a particular Web application.

The reason i got this error is that I got my solution as a gobal solution. So don't mention any targeted web application to deploy this kind of solutions

Here are few major commands of SharePoint PowerShell

//Add solution
Add-SPSolution C:\Test\test.wsp

//Deploy solution to web app
Install-SPSolution –Identity test.wsp –WebApplication http://sharepoint2010:1111 -GACDeployment

//Retract solution from web app
Uninstall-SPSolution –Identity test.wsp –WebApplication http://sharepoint2010:1111

//Remove solution
Remove-SPSolution –Identity test.wsp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nintex Forms (on-prem) Web Request Control Internals

How to remove Azure Access Package User assignments using Graph API?

SharePoint 2010 Search - search by enterprise keywords